Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Treslo Kresha
Director

Join Date Jan 2008
Location DC, USA
Posts 1,093
Send a message via AIM to Treslo Kresha
Default Our Decision: Project Limbo

Well - sad to say it but life has gotten the better of your builders here. Both Jeff and myself have thought long and hard about this and due to the resource (e.g., time) we are having to put a halt on further InMyth development. This includes the IGD and Starborn.

While perhaps not shocking for some - this was a pretty hard-fought effort to keep going. Eventually, we had to give in to the reality of our personal lives. I'll be keeping the website and forums running indefinitely. Perhaps others can step up to help figure out how to make at the very least a viable, smaller community.

I will be around to continue limited support. Jeff has some interesting things incoming ("bundle of joy" ) and will likely be having to step off the radar for some time. Please feel free to contact me at matt@inmyth.com for more rapid response, as I don't load up the forums here as often (I'll try to get better at it).

I'll be providing some unseen content for those few fans out there shortly. Its a small token of appreciation for sticking around this long. I may also be posting some token screen-shots of the development work undertaken on the dev site - sadly we just didn't have the resources for the size of our endeavor!

Best,
- Matt
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Ragnar Argoth
Profit of Doom

Join Date Nov 2008
Location On the corner of 'No' and 'Where'
Posts 166
Send a message via AIM to Ragnar Argoth

Can't say I didn't see that coming, but that doesn't make it any less of a hard pill to swallow.

Perhaps we could plan to have an evening in an AIM chatroom with all of the rest of us whose little dream of escaping Earth blew away like dust in the wind.

*snif*
And eternity in an hour"
- William Blake
Ragnar Argoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Treslo Kresha
Director

Join Date Jan 2008
Location DC, USA
Posts 1,093
Send a message via AIM to Treslo Kresha

I'd be fine with it - and quite honestly I don't mind to continue to hold a flame for the dream. If any of you can assist me in locating those willing to convert/continue on our foundational work - I'd be willing to assist in that effort.

At present I am doing a number of things such as formally studying PHP - like I should have been - to do more than piddle on the design side ineptly. It will take some considerable time, as Jeff is quite the wizard, but I hope at the very least to slowly continue to learn by expanding our work.

It might not be pretty - but that too will progress with time. A recent discovery of an awesomely creative choose your own adventure game http://www.choiceofgames.com/dragon/ and the underlying platform it runs on, http://www.choiceofgames.com , have really shown that people still care about these type things in some fashion.

I'd be more than happy to schedule a web-chat, video or otherwise with all parties who wish to talk and more importantly, vent their frustrations, at or with me. It's all well-deserved, after-all.

Talk with you soon.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Cheodo
The First Awakened

Join Date Mar 2009
Location Georgia
Posts 112
Send a message via Skype™ to Cheodo

Well, I have managed to get some free time from work and all, so I can Mod the forums until ya'll return.