InMyth
Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Maverick
Lead Developer

Join Date Jan 2008
Location Atlanta, GA
Posts 512
Default Advertising Push

Matt (Treslo) & I are starting to roll out a major advertising push, including paid advertisements. In preparation for that, we'd like all members to offer any sites they know of that would be interested in linking to us. If you know of any, please post them here (or PM them to us) and let us actually handle submitting our entry/link to the site.

We're already aware of www.RPGGateway.com. Unfortunately, they appear to be fairly inactive. I submitted an entry for SB to them several weeks ago. We have not been added, and I've heard nothing back from them. I guess this coincides with the layout not changing a bit in over 8 years.

We have also signed up for several top site lists - a necessary evil for new games with few incoming links still. To gain any benefit from them, we'll be preparing a page where those interested in helping can vote for SB to help increase our visibility on those lists.

If any of you have any suggestions toward getting the word out on Starborn, please let us know.

Lastly, we have developed a 3-stage Primer for new game visitors. Each of the 3 stages for the primer correlate with what type of user they are: (1) unregistered guest, (2) registered but without a character, (3) registered and has character but has not posted yet. If you want to check out the first one, just logout and visit any SB page to look at the top right of the sidebar for the Getting Started box. If you have any suggestions with that, please reply. We love feedback, and our goal with the primer is to help introduce the entire game/model to new visitors so the learning curve won't deter as many from joining.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote